- Walk/run intervals through the neighborhood
- Cardiovascular exercise is the foundation of most of my work- outs. The light posts in my neighborhood provide a great way to walk & run in equal distance from the back to the front of the subdivision. I will normally walk, jog, or sprint in intervals between each light post.
- Jumping jacks
- The distance from the front to the back of my neighborhood is about one mile. There are 20 light posts along the path. I will complete 10-20 jumping jacks at each light post followed by a brisk walk or light jog in between each post.
- Stair climbing
- I have a two story home and I try to use my stairs as much as possible. For example, I will separate our laundry upstairs which forces me to climb the stairs every time I need to place in a new load of laundry.
- Playground toning
- Sit down
- Every time you sit down and get up, you work your leg muscles. While watching your favorite show, sit down and stand up about 100-150 times. You are guaranteed to feel the burn.
Let us know how you stay fit. We would love for you to leave a comment below or visit us on Facebook or join the conversation on Twitter.