Top 3 Questions I'm Asked About Marriage

Photo credit: Highlight Studios

My husband and I recently celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary so why not write a post about marriage? I don't claim to be an expert on the subject by any means but, I'm often asked about marriage and how we've made it together for so long. Here are 3 questions I'm asked the most:

1. How did you know he was the one?

Our dating/courtship was very short. After 5 months of dating exclusively, he asked me to marry him. We were both young and knew without any doubts that we wanted to share our lives together. 

All I can say is that I knew. I know that's probably not what you expected to hear but it's the truth. 

I just knew! It was unlike any other relationship in my past. 

I will often share with singles that if you have to many questions about whether it's the right person on the other end of your relationship, it might not be the right person. 

One thing love is not is unsure. 


2. What is the key to marriage?

Alton and I have discussed this question so many times. Of course a strong foundation in Christ is a MUST but let's be honest, Christian couples also divorce. Ultimately we both agree that the absolute key to marriage is simply making a choice

That's right. A simple choice.

You MUST choose to love. Choose to stay in there in the good and bad, in sickness and health. You know, just how you declare in your wedding vows on the day you marry.**

**This does not mean that you endure abuse of any kind. Love is patient and kind** 


3. What's one practical piece of advice?

Don't put a tv in your bedroom! 

We've never placed a tv in our bedroom. We feel your bedroom should be an oasis. It should be a place where the two of you can hide away from the cares and worries of the day. Having a tv in the bedroom can create a distraction from two things all couples need: intimacy and rest.


We pray that whether you are married, dating or single, you will choose love every time. I John 4:18 shares the following:

"There is no fear in love. But perfect love (Jesus) drives out all fear." (Posted by Renee)

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Take A Lesson From Ants

I Am Raising America's Most Hated...