Power Of One - 1 Year Anniversary


CONGRATULATIONS to Roslyn Rice


During the start of the pandemic in 2020, I made a decision to write in obscurity. I was in a hidden place. The road ahead was foggy. I'd lost my job after 13 years and there wasn't visibility on where to go next. Behind the scenes (unbeknownst to me) a book was being formed. God has a perfect plan. 

The pandemic hit hard and raged in 2020. Grief was rampant, social unrest moved through the US swiftly, people were losing their jobs, societal norms were shattered, financial and emotional security waned. We saw the world unraveling and changing right before our eyes.

A new era hit our shores. The negative impact was felt domestically and internationally. Silence was the first sound of Covid. There was a deafening quietness in our world. Leaders scrambled. Something we'd never experienced manifested in real time. During that uncertain time (2020)  I wrote. 

Writing is therapeutic for me

Journaling provides me a stream of consciousness. Writing helps me when I am navigating uncertainty. Are you sitting with an ocean of unanswered questions? Consider journaling about the experience.

On March 30th, 2021 (in the midst of Women History MonthPower Of One: Finding Hope In The Midst Of Struggle was birthed. The road was hectic and arduous to bring forth a new book during a pandemic. This was a new frontier for me. A new chapter. The book contained some personal stories that I'd never uttered or shared in public. My lived experience was out in the open.

How would readers respond? 

Would they enjoy reading it? 

Would the words on the pages impact them the way it impacted me?

The seat of uncertainty is uncomfortable. I've learned during my life journey, change doesn't hang out with comfort. Writing a book was completely out of my comfort zone. But there was peace while writing. Each chapter gave me the opportunity to sit in silence in the midst of a very noisy world. 

In one year so many incredible experiences happened.

  • Power of One became an Amazon bestseller within 24 hours
  • I was surrounded by a new international author community (thank you Hasmark International Publishing)
  • Held a Book Signing Tour in May 2021 
  • Power Of One chosen for book clubs
  • Power Of One traveled internationally (ex: Trinidad, Canada, Netherlands, Jamaica, Brazil, etc.)
  • Author Interviews
  • Guest writer for Grace Family Church Beautiful blog
  • Power Of One logo launched
  • ROSLYNRICE.com website launched
  • Power Of One mediation flashcards launched
  • One Word T-shirts sold out
  • Countless testimonies of positive impact
The book is filled with 40 words. Each word shaping the lives of readers in unique ways. I quickly learned that the book was not about me. God speaks to each reader through the book. I've personally prayed for each reader. 

READER TESTIMONIALS:
  • "my 94 year old aunt wasn't sleeping at 3am because she couldn't put your book down"
  • "I'm in tears reading your words"
  • "power of the Holy Spirit is transporting your words directly to my heart"
  • "I've been struggling with fear but the word COURAGE gave me the encouragement I needed"
  • "Roslyn is an incredibly powerful and gifted storyteller"
  • "everywhere I looked your book kept getting moved in front of me"
  • "this book is power packed & anointed..."
  • "my heart is refreshed"
All the insecurity and fear I felt about writing was demolished. There are times when you feel fear yet you move forward in faith and obedience. Personal opinions don't matter when God speaks. When God speaks move. 

ENCOURAGEMENT:
Maybe you are feeling afraid today. Maybe there is anxiety about a new chapter in your life. You feel this way because you are human. Nothing is wrong with you feeling afraid or anxious. 

Be gracious with your thoughts about yourself. The enemy whispers about our inadequacies constantly. He is a liar.  You have nothing to prove. The grace of God keeps you even during uncertainty and shifting sands. 

GRATITUDE:
Thank YOU...Thank you to every reader. Thank you for the love, support and honest feedback. What you enjoyed and what you didn't enjoy (yup I received that as well). 

Thank you for welcoming this book into your home, handbag, kitchen counter, office, balcony, vacation, or nightstand. This is only the beginning.

If you know anyone who could be blessed by this book you can find it HERE and also on Amazon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Take A Lesson From Ants

I Am Raising America's Most Hated...