The Right Place At The Right Time

Have you ever averted danger?

Have you ever been so close to being in a car accident your heart took a minute to fall back into place?

There are many ways in which we avert danger. For me, it starts with listening to the Holy Spirit. Being open and sensitive to when God is speaking to me. Our world is noisy. Would you agree? I spend the mornings waking up before the sun rises to sit in silence. I pray, read, journal and then ask God to cover us with His amazing protection. 

After that I exercise. Exercise is my morning coffee. I get a bolt of energy. After my workout, I sit quiet again but this time I meditate. I turn my focus inward to see what my body needs to fully start the day. At my age, my body often needs ice on a sore muscle. 😁

I sit silent because I want to drown out the noise of distraction in my life. I want to protect my peace. Living as a human in 2022, we need a level of focus and intentionality. There is an over saturation of information and sounds throughout the day. The morning allows me time to realign and set the tone for the rest of the afternoon.

On one afternoon, I arrived early for my son's senior year open house. Yes, after 17 years of attending open houses I am officially done and YES I took time to celebrate that milestone. 

As I stepped onto his campus I walked around praying. 


Roslyn Rice Crocs
Used my Crocs to walk & pray

This was the first time I felt the need to intentionally pray before we started open house. I could have scrolled through social media, checked my email, finished a business call or chat with friends before the event started, but I heard God say - WALK and PRAY. 

This time I was obedient. Now, many times (if I'm honest) I hear God say things and I might dismiss it. We will NOT always get it right and that is ok. Thank God for grace.

Sure enough that same week there were 2 incidences where my son school was put on a security lockdown. Police called, SWAT team arrived, students locked in classrooms, arrests made, intruders discovered, and phone call updates made to parents. It was intense. I thought about being afraid but then I remembered that I walked and prayed

What if I missed the opportunity to pray? 

What if I became too busy to pray? 

When we pray God hears us. Our all knowing, everywhere at all times Heavenly Father hears our prayers. It could be a silent whisper or a scream of desperation. We can be encouraged in any situation that God hears us. 

Today, take a few moments to silence ALL the noises and sounds. 

Pray. 

If you don't know what to say just say, "God I thank you". You never know the danger you could be averting for yourself or someone else when you pray. (Posted By Roslyn)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Take A Lesson From Ants

I Am Raising America's Most Hated...