5 Leassons Learned in my 40's!



It's our birthday month! It's just one of the reasons why I love December. This month Roslyn and I will turn 49. What a blessing!

I must say, my 40's is my best decade so far. I've learned so much about myself. There's just something about your 40's that's joyful, insightful and even challenging at times. As I reflect on the past 9 years, it's hard to believe, with God's grace, I've walked through some of the most amazing milestones in my entire life. 

  • Became an Entrepreneur
  • Saw my first born graduate high school
  • Survived a pandemic
  • Diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer
  • Entered medical menopause
  • Drew closer to God through some of the hardest challenges of my life!
  • Celebrated 25 years of marriage
  • Attended 30 year high school reunion
  • So much more......
With all that's happened, here's 5 lessons learned:

1.  Do not worry.

70% of what we think and worry about, NEVER happens. Worry and stress can wreak havoc in your body. 

2. Find your people.

We were created for relationship. It's vital to have a group of individuals that will encourage you along your life's journey. A good therapist can also be a great part of your village.

3.  Don't fear failure.

As an entrepreneur, I've failed so many times. I now realize there's so many lessons we can learn from our failures. Stepping out into unknown territory breeds creativity and resourcefulness. Fear can stifle and paralyze. Even when you don't have all the answers, do it anyway.

4. Rest. Rest. Rest.

In my 20's & 30's it was all about the grind. My daily schedule was always packed and I rarely took time to rest and reflect. Truth be told, I carried that same philosophy into my 40's until I almost lost my life. Your body can only handle so much. You cannot sustain a hurried pace forever. 

5.  Trust God.

Life is a journey. It will have ups and downs. Wins and losses. Joy and grief. Whatever you walk through, lean into God and trust Him. Reading the Bible is a vital part of my daily routine. It brings peace and calm. 

I'm looking forward to the next decade. I know that God has so much more for me. Here are some verses that I rest in during difficult days.

II Chronicles 7:14

You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you, Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you.’”

Philippians 4:6-7 (MSG)

Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
Renee and Roslyn 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Take A Lesson From Ants

I Am Raising America's Most Hated...