Our Gift To You!

Today we recognize Good Friday which symbolizes Jesus Christ's agonizing death on the cross.  He gave up His life for the entire world.  Whether or not you recognize and rejoice in His passionate sacrifice for us, He still died on your behalf.  Regardless of your past mistakes or present faults, Christ wants you to be a part of His family.

2 Peter 3:9 (NIV)
"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."
He desires that ALL might be saved. All means ALL and that includes you!
John 3:16-17 (NLT)

“For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. 17 God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him."

You may have never walked into a church or been offered a relationship with Christ.  Well, today is your day!  We extend His love, grace, and mercy to you as a wonderful and precious gift that God gave us over 2,000 years ago. 

Did you know that salvation is only a two step process?  The scripture below shares the steps that are necessary for salvation.  It begins with a confession of your wrong doing and your dependence on God to forgive your sins.  It culminates with a belief in His death and resurrection.

Romans 10:9 (NLT)

"If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

Jesus Christ is our gift to you today! 

You don't have to understand everything about the Bible before accepting Christ in your life.  As you grow in your relationship with Him, He will reveal the hidden treasures of His word.  Think about it, if you waited to figure out everything about marriage or having children before making the plunge, you may never do it.  The same is true for your Christian journey.  Receive Him in faith and He will guide you the rest of the way.

Recite these words with me:

“Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”

If you decided to repent of your sins and receive Christ today, welcome to God's family!

Here are your next steps:   

  • Get baptized as commanded by Christ.
  • Tell someone else about your new faith in Christ.
  • Seek fellowship with other followers of Jesus. Develop a group of believing friends to answer your questions and support you.
  • Find a local church where you can worship God.
Happy Resurrection Day! (Posted by Renee)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Drive By Blessing!

Take A Lesson From Ants