POWER OF ONE - Part 1

 Happy New Year. 

Welcome to 2021.


Why does it feel that the holidays come and go so quickly? I always enjoy the end of year traditions that allow me to connect with my family and decompress from the holiday rush of December. Here we are already almost halfway through January.

In 2020, I had the unique opportunity to deliver via Facebook & Instagram words of encouragement for the church every Friday at 12pm. My pastor asked me in March 2020 to provide a few words of comfort as the country navigated the new coronavirus. I thought this would be a temporary assignment. The new virus turned into a pandemic and our worlds evolved abruptly. The rest is history...

Life was changing so swiftly. My pastor's vision was to provide hope to congregants during a difficult time of isolation and uncertainty. It was a moment during the day to PAUSE and reflect. I was humbled by the request. 

What would I say? 

I was navigating the same uncertainty as everyone else. Every time I am approached to speak, I always think the same thought - What will I say? Thoughts of defeat can quickly enter our mind. We feel we are not qualified or equipped. Guess what - YOU are equipped. You were trusted with this moment in history.

Each week I would completely rely on God to give me words. Situations were becoming dire in the country - hunger, unemployment, social unrest, death, loss, pain, etc. Again - what would I say?

I really wanted to focus on God's strength vs my own limitations. Not just for the congregants but also for myself. I was walking through furlough, loss and eventually unemployment like so many Americans. God allowed me to speak even while I was experiencing my own fear, self doubt and anxiety. I am a woman of strong faith but I had many questions. 

Every week God would give me:

ONE word that would jolt me back into focusing on his promises 

ONE word to fixate my attention

ONE word to soothe my broken heart

ONE word of encouragement

I would write the word on a small chalkboard and position it in my home. Each word became a sense of comfort and hope for me. A reminder that God is bigger than any circumstance.

Roslyn on the set to tape SELAH video in 2020

Well in September, I knew that the words I'd faithfully prepared every week would become a book. I am thrilled to announce that book is called, "Power Of One: Finding Hope In The Midst Of Struggle." It will release at the end of March. I've longed for 10 years to write a book. Many of you that read this blog are aware of that dream. Although it's been a dream deferred due to life happening, it is becoming a reality.

As we go through this year I will take YOU (our readers) on the journey of me becoming a published author. Out of my own quest to find calm during a storm, this book has been birthed. I am thankful and still incredibly humbled by my pastor believing in God speaking through me. Sometimes others can see in us what we can't see in ourselves. 

Thank you Pastor Owens!

This new year - I encourage you to KEEP dreaming. (Posted by Roslyn) Wishing you a year to REIMAGINE!

Side note: CRCC faithfully provides a word of encouragement (SELAH Moment) every week day at 12pm EST via Facebook Live. Please tune in to be uplifted and find hope.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Take A Lesson From Ants

I Am Raising America's Most Hated...