Get Up!

     I have worked in retail for 20 years and last week for the first time the fire alarm went off in the mall.  I thought for sure it was a "false alarm" so I continued to eat and enjoy my lunch.  Within minutes a senior executive came running into the breakroom where I was sitting yelling, "Get up, this is real!  Move, move, move!."  What the heck? I was trying to have lunch and now I hear a blazing alarm in my ear and a woman yelling to the top of her lungs. 
     Needless to say, I quickly grabbed my handbag and moved as fast as I could.  I went busting through the door she told me to use. I ran down the emergency exit stairwell as fast as I could thinking, "What in the world is going on?"  Within seconds I was standing outside the store along with other employees and customers. 
     We finally received the, "All is clear" announcement and I breathed a huge sigh of relief.  I walked back into the store holding onto my chips and CapriSun (don't judge me, I was hungry) and tried to go back to work. 
     Soon after the chaos a woman, who I had worked with years ago,  started calling my name. She was oblivious to my heart racing inside because she had just walked into the store not knowing anything about the fire alarm. 
     I hugged her, we made small talk and finally I said, "Where have you been?"  She looked at me through her dark sunglasses and said, "I have just been diagnosed with cancer."  I was blown away.  She went on to say, "I have been sitting in my car crying and trying to compose myself. I just left the doctor's office."  What do you say?  What would you have said?
     I knew instantly that the fire alarm that got  me to move out of the lunchroom and into the store at the exact moment that she entered the mall was a "God moment".  I felt unprepared for this moment because I was still selfishly trying to understand why I didn't get a chance to finish my lunch.  I whispered a quick prayer, "Lord help me give her your words."  I don't remember what I said, but I hope in that "God moment" I was able to inspire her to Keep Living!
     This week, be inspired to find the "God moment" in your own life.  Hopefully it won't take a fire alarm ringing in your ears to get you to get up and move.  (Posted by Roslyn)
  
   

Comments

  1. It is easy for me to receive these great blogs in my email account & read them. Don't get me wrong they inspire me...big time! However, this one I couldn't just pass up & delete after being read. What a great analogy & message. We all have 'God moments' & sometimes [myself] we choose to ignore the nudge. One invite; one prayer; one advice; one listening ear sometimes makes all the difference. Glad God used you in your God Moment & as far as I....I will be more 'intuned' w/my God Moment. Thanks! janette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the positive feedback, Janette. Glad to know you are inspired to stay engaged in the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We enjoy reading each comment. Stay inspired!

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Drive By Blessing!

Take A Lesson From Ants