Oprah's Wisdom




I've been home for the past couple of days. A normally hectic schedule was brought to a screeching hault after the doctor diagnosed me with bronchitis and the flu.




I was scheduled to be in Jacksonville today in meetings. At 4pm I would have traveled home like usual and missed the final airing of the Oprah Winfrey Show. Instead I sat on my couch glued to the television, only moving during commercials, so that I could listen to her parting words.



Today was an opportunity to hear her "love letter" to her audience. She shared some key lessons learned from the past 25 years. I will share a few of them with you:





  1. Everyone has a calling


  • You were birthed with a purpose. Use your life to serve the world.

2. The power of validation



  • Each person wants to know they are heard and valued.

3. Know the voice of God



  • Wait and listen for his whispers

4. Become a safe harbor



  • Let others know that they can depend on you to be their "safe place".

5. There are no coincidences



  • Only God's divine order

It was by no coincidence that I was home today and was afforded an opportunity to hear, along with millions, the beautiful lessons that Oprah learned by listening to the voices of over 30,000 guests in the past quarter of a century.


At the beginning of the week, we asked that you show kindness. During the show today, Oprah stated "you have the power to change someone's life".


Right where you are.


No matter what your job title, economic status or family history.


Take a little time and let us know how you've changed lives this week with one act of kindness. (Posted by Renee)


The "double portion inspiration" link below will take you to the comment area.

Comments

  1. Wonderful words of wisdom. Being kind takes less effort than the alternative.

    LaJuana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I've changed any lives, but I can tell you that when we receive kindness from others, our hearts begin to open...making it even more possible for God to pour His powerful Love and Light into our hearts. The more Love and Light we have in our hearts, the more kindness, compassion, and caring we will have to give to others. The gift of kindness is like a warm blanket on a cold night. It warms the heart, making the way for the healing only His Love and Light can bring.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We enjoy reading each comment. Stay inspired!

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Take A Lesson From Ants

I Am Raising America's Most Hated...