Who do you look like?

I have always stood out in crowds because I am tall.  You would always find me in the back during class pictures because of my height. Being blessed with a twin sister has also caused me to stand out and easily be remembered.

It was extremely difficult, especially during my middle school years, to tower over most of the girls in the school.  I was often called, "amazon or giraffe" (kids can be so cruel).  But, the lesson I learned at an early age was priceless.  I was not going to be "one of the crowd".  I wasn't going to be able to blend in.

Our world is filled with negativity, and darkness.  We find an entire nation trying to blend in purchasing the latest Tory Burch shoes or the same lip gloss as Kim Kardashian.  We analyze what others are wearing and try to create the same look within our homes.  We want to speak like Oprah or have a billion dollar idea like Steve Jobs.

We were never meant to be like someone else.  We must stay true to ourselves.  Stop looking to the world to define who you should be.

It all starts with the power of ONE.  At a sporting event the wave starts with one person standing up and cheering. The next thing you know the entire stadium is doing the wave.  Look at the man in the mirror and realize YOU have the power to make a difference-not your neighbor or spouse but YOU!

I love the words from Romans 12:2 (MSG)-Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking.  Instead, fix your attention on God.  You will be changed from the inside out...God brings out the best in you!  


Here's your question this week:  Who are you starting to look like? (Posted by Roslyn)

Visit us on Facebook or join the conversation on Twitter @doubleportionin

Comments

  1. This is a wonderful post Roslyn....I enjoyed it very much

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a dear friend who died last week after an 17 month battle with cancer. She was an educator, a wife, a mother, but most of all she was a Christ follower. Right up until the day she died she was ministering to others. When I read the Facebook posts person after person wrote how amazing she was. How inspirational, how they wanted to be like her. When I wrote my post, I told everyone she was amazing and an inspiration because what they saw was the light of Christ shining through her. As a human she was one to model not because she battle in her own strength, but her strength was in Christ! That's always my prayer, that I look like Christ! Great post, God bless both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for encouraging us on this journey.

    @Virginia-glad you enjoyed this post
    @Dawn-thank you for remembering your friend in such a special way

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We enjoy reading each comment. Stay inspired!

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Drive By Blessing!

Take A Lesson From Ants