Head In The Clouds

Somewhere above those clouds - the SON is shining!
Lately, my head has been in the clouds.  Literally my entire body has been but that is because I've spent a ton of time traveling via an airplane.  My suitcase has been packed for the past month.  One thing you experience when traveling this time of year is a myriad of weather conditions.

I am now a complete fanatic of the Weather Channel.  They help me know what type of clothes to wear to ensure that I'm prepared for cold, ice, snow, sleet or sun.  My hat goes off to all of those who are in other parts of the country and completely sick of snow.

As I compose this blog, there are certain parts of the U.S. still dealing with freezing temperatures and ice even though we are officially into Spring.

When you travel there are 2P's you must have - preparation and patience.  You are literally at the mercy of the airline whenever inclement weather derails your travel plans.

I also learned that you must always be prepared.  The same holds true in life.  Success is just when an opportunity meets preparation.  Live life with expectations because a situation can SUDDENLY change in an instant.
Life, at times, can seem messy!

I now look at the clouds a little bit differently.  No matter how overcast it is, the sun is always shining above the clouds.  We leave the ground in an airplane and as we ascend to over 30,000 feet the air is different. The sun is out and the skies are blue.  I used to only choose an aisle seat but now the window seat gives me an opportunity to bask in the glory that God paints all over the atmosphere.

If you feel that you are going through a tough patch - change your perception.

Choose to look at your problem from 30,000 feet in the air where the SON is shining.  

Our society makes this harder than ever as reality tv dominates pop culture.  A simple event like planning a wedding or a child's birthday party becomes a "completely overdone" ordeal so that ratings can soar.

The true reality is the more you focus on a situation, the larger it grows. SHIFT your focus!

Try to think about your crisis or situation on an elevated level.  Some experiences you will endure but realize that God is with you every step of the way.  You can never have a testimony UNLESS their is a test. Don't give up!  (Posted by Roslyn)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Take A Lesson From Ants

I Am Raising America's Most Hated...