My Garage Sale Lesson

This weekend was my subdivision's garage sale.  We have it every six months and I force myself to participate.  I wake up early in the morning to open up my garage doors and sell my unwanted items.  I love to hate this event every 6 months.  Taking part, forces me to declutter.  

I actually took off work on Friday to clean and go through every room.  I wanted to find items to take to the garage.  From clothes to toys to books and dvd's, there was plenty to include in the sale.  I quickly realized that it was going to be chaotic and disorganized before it was clean.  It's the part I hated most about the process. 


In the midst of trying to get the house clean, tidy and organized, things got messy.

What a beautiful lesson!  That's how it is with our lives.  God desires to lead us gently to a place of self discovery.  Nudging us along to clean us up, uncover the dark places and bring light to them.  During the process, our lives will be messy and disordered.

I've been personally going through this "decluttering" process.  Since September of last year, God's been uncovering some areas of my life that needed to be cleaned up and put in order.  It's been challenging and an emotional roller coaster but I trust my heavenly Father with my life and I know it's only for my good.



My daughter's "business" as part of our garage sale!


During our cleaning process on Friday, my daughter said, "Mommy, I didn't realize I had so much stuff in my room that I didn't need."

The same is true for each one of us.  The more we cover up the "mess" in our lives, the more we don't even realize it's building up and taking up space.  We can only conceal for a limited time.  At a certain point we have to uncover, dig out and face the "mess".  You may not even realize that you need to be freed from your clutter.  I didn't.  God brought me to that point in a moment of praise and worship while attending a woman's conference.  If you draw near to Christ, His gentle whispers will reveal and guide.  Trust Him because he is ready to do a new thing in your life. (Posted by Renee)

Psalm 51:7-13 (MSG)

Soak me in your laundry and I’ll come out clean,
scrub me and I’ll have a snow-white life.
Tune me in to foot-tapping songs,
set these once-broken bones to dancing.
Don’t look too close for blemishes,
give me a clean bill of health.
God, make a fresh start in me,
shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life.
Don’t throw me out with the trash,
or fail to breathe holiness in me.
Bring me back from gray exile,
put a fresh wind in my sails!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Take A Lesson From Ants

I Am Raising America's Most Hated...