I Wasn't Born To Social Distance!

I wasn't created for this. Feeling isolated from the world is a humbling experience. From the moment I was conceived, I had another human with me. God knew my limitations by providing an identical twin sister to always be by my side. In 2020, celebrating anniversaries, birthdays & graduations all looks different because of quarantine guidelines.




As the number of days increase for the "shelter in place" mandate, we miss the liberties of "normal".

HOW many of us are desperate for a hair cut or just hair color? We will ALL soon be embracing our gray hairs. What is NORMAL these days, is the ability to feel a myriad of emotions from fright, fear, anxiety, confusion, anger, discouragement, and loneliness. Don't try and push those feelings away. Don't suppress them. Be honest about how you feel.

Although feelings are NOT facts, they ARE there for a reason. Not dealing with the reality of our feelings can lead to us pushing them down. Negative feelings can actually end up eating us alive. As we are spending time physically distant from others, don't think you did something WRONG to deserve this crisis.


Be patient with yourself since this is a first for all of us. There isn't a "perfect" way to deal with this pandemic. Although we are being pulled outside of our comfort zone, it forces us to rely on something other than ourselves. I am reminded, in these times, that GOD is FOR me and He is WITH me. For those of you feeling complete serenity & calmness, can you pray for those that are struggling with negative emotions?

I'm sitting still (really no other option) to listen and hear. I don't want to waste this experience, I know it has purpose. ~Posted by Roslyn

Psalm 46:10 - Be still and know that I am God.

**Renee and I pray that you and all of your family are having sustained health.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Take A Lesson From Ants

I Am Raising America's Most Hated...