Finish Line Focus


Not a picture of Renee's legs!
 I’ve made a decision to run a half marathon in November. The thought of running 13 miles is overwhelming to say the least. Training during the brutal heat of the summer months in Florida is even more discouraging but my mind is made up and I’m going to do it!



This is a big decision for me.




My driving force in making the decision is the fact that I know how great it feels to cross the finish line. I vividly remember my first 5K in 2005. My husband patiently waited in the warmth of the September sun for me to cross the finish line. It took so long, he wondered if I would finish the race. Wheelchairs and mothers with strollers were sailing across the finish line and I was nowhere in sight. When I rounded the corner in the final stretch of the race, I took comfort in hearing his cheers and seeing the smile on my daughter’s face. My second wind kicked in and I crossed the finish line as if I were an Olympic track star. Immediately, I forgot the burning calves, abdominal cramps and sore feet. It didn’t concern me that I ended near the back of the pack, all that mattered was that I crossed the finish line.


The tremendous joy of completing the race and accomplishing my goal is the inspiration that will drive me during my training. No matter what obstacles come my way over the thirteen mile trek, my determination will propel me.


In your own life, there is a goal set and a finish line to cross. There are challenges you will have to endure to get to the place of maturity and wisdom that God wants for you.


For believers everywhere, Easter is a time when we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ. He knew the outcome of his race! Passion and desire to fulfill God’s will allowed him to surrender and submit to the intense challenges of His torturous death. Let’s continue to celebrate the fact that Christ stayed focused on the goal and crossed the finish line in a glorious and priestly way! (Posted by Renee)

Comments

  1. Your legs are probably better than those anyway...kick it girl - I am so proud. I can't imagine taking that task on - I am inspired!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia, thanks for cheering for Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to you as you prepare for your first half marathon!!! Faith, hard work and determination will get you across that finish line!!! Just remember you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We enjoy reading each comment. Stay inspired!

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Drive By Blessing!

Take A Lesson From Ants