My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

It's Fun Friday and I'm sharing some great workout tips.  Fortunately I've never struggled with working out (it's the good eating that always throws me for a loop).  I've always enjoyed going to the gym. So you can imagine when I moved to my rural community I was stressed with the fact that there wasn't a gym nearby.  Needless to say, I had to get creative on staying fit.  My business travel schedule, community and church obligations didn't make finding time to work out any easier.  I realized that my creative juices would have to flow on a alternative way to stay fit.  Here are some of my fun, no gym needed workouts:



  • Walk/run intervals through the neighborhood
    • Cardiovascular exercise is the foundation of most of my work- outs.  The light posts in my neighborhood provide a great way to walk & run in equal distance from the back to the front of the subdivision.  I will normally walk, jog, or sprint in intervals between each light post.

  • Jumping jacks
    • The distance from the front to the back of my neighborhood is about one mile.  There are 20 light posts along the path.  I will complete 10-20 jumping jacks at each light post followed by a brisk walk or light jog in between each post.

  • Stair climbing
    • I have a two story home and I try to use my stairs as much as possible.  For example, I will separate our laundry upstairs which forces me to climb the stairs every time I need to place in a new load of laundry.

  • Playground toning
My three year old loves the playground.  I had to find creative ways to work out and take him outside.  Fortunately our playground area is fenced.  I will run around the fenced area for about 5-10 minutes.  This provides a great warm up.  After running, I will use the benches for tricep dips, push ups, squats, lunges, and ab work.  I am worn out after completing about 3-5 sets of 10 with each outing.

  • Sit down
    • Every time you sit down and get up, you work your leg muscles.  While watching your favorite show, sit down and stand up about 100-150 times.  You are guaranteed to feel the burn.
Whether you visit a gym or use the great outdoors for your workout, just keep moving! (Posted by Renee)

Let us know how you stay fit.  We would love for you to leave a comment below or visit us on Facebook or join the conversation on Twitter.

Comments

  1. These are really great tips for staying fit. I prefer an outdoor workout so much more than being in the gym. Unfortunately, I hate going at it alone, so I end up going to the gym. I think next time I take the kids to the park, I'll try to incorporate fitness for myself. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope,

      The outdoors offer us so many options. Enjoy the park in a brand new way! Take care and thanks for your support.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana, thanks for sharing this great way to exercise!

      Delete
  3. Nice post.You have shared good tips on how to stay fit.

    Staying Fit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just want to say your article is as amazing. The clearness in your post is simply spectacular and i could

    assume you are an expert on this subject. Well with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep updated

    with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue the rewarding work.
    seo company

    ReplyDelete
  5. Practical tips indeed. Stair climbing alone can really sweat you out. These exercise remedies plus supplements can really help you lose weight effectively.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s truly great to know that you still work on keeping fit even after moving to a new town. The routines you shared are really basic and easy to follow, so there shouldn’t be a reason for any of us not to start working out now. One tip I can share with you is to walk your dog if you have one. Also, giving your dog a bath can help you burn calories, especially if your dog is as large as mine. Haha!

    Laraine Leet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laraine! Walking the dog is a great idea especially if you walk at a brisk pace. Unfortunately I don't own a dog but I appreciate the tip for the readers that do.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We enjoy reading each comment. Stay inspired!

Popular posts from this blog

Drive By Blessing!

Take A Lesson From Ants