My Son's Cheerleader!

I normally try and put my kids to bed with a book or Bible lesson.  The other day our Bible lesson came out of Psalms 103.  This text of scripture is full of description about God's character.  Here's just a sampling from the chapter:




He is merciful and tender toward those who don’t deserve it; he is slow to get angry and full of kindness and love. He never bears a grudge, nor remains angry forever.  (Psalms 103:8-9)


I knew my 12 year old understood the words that illustrated God's character but I was pretty sure my little one didn't.  I wanted to make sure he knew just how much God loves him.  I wanted him to know that God's love is constant whether he made good or poor choices.  There's nothing he can do that will cause God to love him less, just like there's nothing that causes God to love him more.  His "works" won't change God's love.  He's the same yesterday, today, and forever. 

He has not punished us as we deserve for all our sins, 11 for his mercy toward those who fear and honor him is as great as the height of the heavens above the earth. 12 He has removed our sins as far away from us as the east is from the west. 13 He is like a father to us, tender and sympathetic to those who reverence him. 14 For he knows we are but dust 15 and that our days are few and brief, like grass, like flowers, 16 blown by the wind and gone forever. (Psalms 103:10-16)


When I asked my youngest to explain to me about God's personality, his words were poignant and thoughtful.  In his eyes, God is his cheerleader.  He said, "Mommy, God is always there to cheer me on!"  "He tells me, come on Jordan, don't make that bad choice."  "You can do better." 

Wow!  What a beautiful portrayal of God's kindness and encouragement for each of us.  When you feel like you need a cheerleader on life's journey, remember my son's portrayal of Christ!  God is there for you....ALWAYS! (Posted by Renee)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Drive By Blessing!

Take A Lesson From Ants