I am often asked this question - How do you "fit "it all in? How do you get it all done?
Life is really one big juggling act - and just for the record, I don't get it all done. You might feel like me, as soon as you resolve one conflict another life "curveball" is right around the corner.
Life can be intense - between traveling (last month I was in New York, Philadelphia, Dallas and Tampa), cooking, writing, working, exercising, raising kids, and keeping up with my own "extracurricular" activities - life can be overwhelming. Do you feel the same way?
I am in that season of life where most of my time is spent in a car shuffling the boys to school, baseball or driving to the grocery store. I treasure every moment as the days are passing so quickly. My morning meditation often times happens while driving.
How do I attempt to "fit" it all in:
- I start with sacred mornings; my time ALONE thinking, praying, and meditating sets the tone for my day
- Understanding Priorities; everything can seem urgent - but make a list and focus on what is most important in that moment
- Nightly Reflection; at night I wrap my day with reflecting on all that God allowed me to accomplish - a heart of thankfulness helps me not worry about "what's next"
- Yoga - 8am on Saturday morning you will find me at yoga; beyond the poses, yoga has taught me how to meditate, focus my mind and BREATH (deeply)
- Learning not to rush away PAIN; the very pain that you feel brings you closer to God and elevates you for your next assignment
- Repeat "I AM" statements - throughout the day I tell myself I am strong, I am well, I am at peace...Now you try it!
I am content to know that I am a WIP (Work In Progress), and so are YOU! Allow God to direct your days. In moments of stress, most likely you aren't connected or grounded. Sit still, practice balanced breathing, and watch how you will have a fresher perspective to handle "what's next". (Posted by Roslyn)
|Take a moment to give yourself a THUMBS UP!|
You are strong like a fortified city...Jeremiah 1:18