More Peaceful Conversations

The Summer has flown by. Renee and I have enjoyed a bit of a hiatus.  I've been fortunate to spend time in South Carolina, Dallas, Key West, Naples and Orlando during this Summer break.  School is almost in session and just around the corner are cooler temperatures - Thank God!

Even though we haven't been on our blog, Renee and I have spent time this Summer reading and writing.  I had the opportunity to participate in an online session about transforming your speech.  I shied away from this assignment, at first, but I've learned so much along the way.

Even on vacation - I rest and read!

We are in a world where many people are more interested in being understood vs understanding what the other person is saying. With the amount of words that we use daily to communicate, most of us don't do it effectively.

For instance, did you know you communicate in 3 ways - verbally (WHAT you say), vocally (TONE you use) and visually (BODY language)?

In fact, 55% of our overall message is delivered through our body language. 


Here are a few of my top LOVES from this study, Conversation Peace by Mary Kassian.


  1. Conflict is inevitable, but just remain CALM.
  2. Every word you say has the power to draw HEAVEN or HELL into your circumstance.
  3. Harness the power of discretion - everything you THINK should NOT be spoken.
  4. Unfaithful speaking (gossip) is done by speaking as well as listening to gossip.
  5. Where you SAIL today, is determined by what you SAY today.
I've committed to start this new school year, specifically with my boys, by using more faithful and encouraging language.  

They will hear enough negative speech outside of the home, in the hallways of their schools. I will intentionally choose to use words that will BUILD them up and not tear them down.  (Posted by Roslyn)

What about you? What is your commitment for this new week or year of school/work?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Take A Lesson From Ants

I Am Raising America's Most Hated...