Just BREATHE - it's almost Christmas

It's almost December,  how did that happen? Is the Earth rotating quicker? Are their less than 24 hours in a day?

The Fall season is quickly coming to an end and the winter months are ahead. 

Almost time to say bye to changing leaves!

I look to the world around me for inspiration and lately I've been mezmorized by the book, BREATHE by Priscilla Shirer.  What I crave most about this book is learning how to rest. Our calendars, closet, and work spaces can become overcrowded.  This leads to depletion emotionally and physically.

Think about the many things you are holding onto when you should release them.  I participated in my first garage sale and I spent weeks searching through "stuff" in my home I felt could be sold. How do we arrive at having so much "stuff"? I challenge you to sit in your car, open your garage and just look.  What would you see?

How about opening your closet (some of us have more than one). What do you see?
Some of us just finished Black Friday shopping and what did we buy?

STUFF

We can become overwhelmed by the very hobby or items that used to bring us joy.  In the book Priscilla warns that we can become enslaved to things that we were meant to enjoy as a blessing, not as bondage.

I love pictures. I love to take them and also enjoy creating memorable photo albums. But the scrapbooking supplies and pictures that used to bring me so much joy are brimming full tucked away in storage. I don't have space for them anymore.

We all live on the edge of what once brought us joy, now just takes over and controls our space.

Learning to take time daily, weekly, monthly to breathe and rest takes intentional focus. But this time was created by God for us to turn from our hurried pace into His restful arms.  It is not about just setting time on a calendar but also the orientation of our heart. We must carve out those moments in our day to reset, refocus and BREATHE.

What's scarier, if we don't rest, then we teach our children to follow our hurried pace.

Don't be comfortable with being exhausted - Learn to pause, cease and say NO to something. (Posted by Roslyn)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Drive By Blessing!

Take A Lesson From Ants