Saying GOOD-BYE is hard!

At some point in our life, we will have to say good-bye. It might be to a relationship, career, marriage, school, or even an old way of thinking. Realizing that everything does not last forever is sometimes the hardest part.

The only constant in our life is CHANGE.  

Our country went through transition of power on Inauguration day, saying good bye to an old administration and welcoming in a new vision.

In my own personal life, I had to say good bye to a special friend.  Many miles and ocean water now separate us. Moving away from our comfort zones causes us to sometimes proceed with caution. When you say that final good bye you feel sad and devastated inside. You move forward, but not always really sure how.

My friend name is Kanoon, and she was my nail technician for over a decade. She's seen me through some of the toughest and greatest celebrations of my life. She helped me welcome in a new baby, prepared my nails for my 40th birthday shoot, encouraged me through surgeries and always made sure I wore the best color of the season.

No matter how tough the week, she always had a smile waiting for me.



Over time we developed a loving and authentic relationship. We spent time together, talked about our cultural and religious differences. She's Buddhist and I am a Christian. We have such a loving respect because we are ALIKE more than we are different.

My morning tradition of drinking warm water and lemon came from her, Kanoon has inspired me on so many levels. She has helped lead me on a path of health and wholeness. BUT that season of my life has abruptly come to an end. On December 31, it was the last day that these nails and hands held her. It's hard to imagine being so attached to someone.

We miss you Kanoon!
Some of you are saying good-bye in your own life. Don't be devastated or selfish with your feelings. Allow yourself not to become guarded, but open to new opportunities and new ways of thinking. This is the year for all of us to shift our thinking. The world as we know it is changing right before our eyes. If you are feeling unsettled politically, politically rejoicing, or just unsure of the future remember this:

People are with you for a SEASON, a REASON, or a LIFETIME.

Although Kanoon is miles away from me, she is with me and my family for a lifetime. I allow this scripture to comfort me in times of uncertainty:

SET your minds on what is above, not on what is on the earth. ~Colossians 3:2

Choose to let heaven fill your thoughts. The life that we know here on earth will soon pass away. Our love from God is eternal. (Posted by Roslyn)

#beblessed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Take A Lesson From Ants

I Am Raising America's Most Hated...