Through Her Eyes

Summer is quickly evaporating. We all wait with baited breath to see the solar eclipse that happens on Monday, Aug. 21st. Children and parents are hurriedly returning to a new pace with the school year starting and for some school is already in full swing. Young adults are excited about their new college life. Before we blink, it will be Christmas.

I am one of those parents with a teenager starting his senior year of high school and youngest son entering 7th grade.

Where did the time go?

That is the question that most of us are asking ourselves. I've been blessed to have a refreshing Summer that came with a ton of travel.  Puerto Rico, Dallas, River Ranch Florida, Palm Beach, Melbourne, Naples, Atlanta, Cincinnati, New York, Toronto, Valdosta Georgia it seems that I was away more than I was home. Country living, beaches and metropolis cities I've experience so much in three months with my boys. My suitcase is still packed by the foot of my bed.

Roslyn at River Ranch, Florida watching buffalo


My Summer vacation capped off with traveling with the two of the four living matriarchs of our family to Cincinnati. We have an annual family reunion that usually is hosted in Florida. For 45 years we gather, eat and reminisce about earlier days when many more of our family members were alive. This year, after about two decades, we made the trek to Ohio. The weather was 58 degrees, low humidity and a refreshing break from the hot temperatures in Florida.

The ability to see the friendly skies with my aunt was priceless. I often take air travel for granted since I do it so frequently. My aunt sat by the window in awe of the large aircraft that held her. The clouds, the skyline, the ocean all of it kept her captivated and smiling by her window seat in 10C.

Aunt enjoying the view in seat 10C

As we start a new year, let's see life through the eyes of those that are much wiser than we are. Life for them moves at a slower pace. No agenda, no rushing, no where to be just enjoying the amazing world that surrounds them. Although not perfect, it's the one that God has provided for us. I hope the following verse encourages you in whatever season of life you find yourself. (Posted by Roslyn)

"Don't be troubled. You trust God, now trust in me." ~John 14:1

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We enjoy reading each comment. Stay inspired!

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Take A Lesson From Ants

I Am Raising America's Most Hated...