HOW I LOST 11 POUNDS-PART II

Lunch: Fresh Guac, Tuna Salad & Veggies
Last week I shared about my 11 pound weight loss. I shared four small changes that made a tremendous difference in my health. If you missed it, no worries. Here you go!

Since that post, I've received a few requests to share a little more about my diet during the past few months. Let me just say, I don't believe in diets. They come and go and never seem to work for me. Instead I make healthier choices one meal at a time. About 80% of my meals came from the following list (see below). I'm not a nutritionist and I urge you to consult with your physician before making any changes in your diet and exercise.





Eating off this list made it easy to maintain. I also fully believe in cheating on any plan. Instead of a cheat day, have a cheat item. No matter what you decide, keep it simple!


Meat;
Chicken
Turkey
Salmon
Shrimp
Eggs
Pork
Pepperoni

Side Dish: Roasted Veggies
Veggies:
Squash
Carrots
Arugula
Romaine
Asparagus
Greens
Mushrooms
Spinach
Bell pepper
Onion
Cucumber
Green Beans
Tomato
Cabbage
Zucchini

Carbs:
Sweet Potatoes
Brown or Wild Rice

Fruit:
Apples
Bananas
Blueberries
Lemon
Lime
Nectarines
Orange
Strawberries

Sweetner:
Lunch: Egg salad, Apples & Veggies
Stevia

Drinks:
Green tea
Water lemon

Dairy:
Unsweet Almond Milk

Cooking Oil:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Fats:
Avocado
Cashews
Butter

Nuts:
Cashews
Pistachio
Walnuts
Pumpkin Seeds
Sunflower Seeds
Almonds

Sweet:
Cacao (Dark Chocolate)

Remember, small changes lead to BIG results. Don't discount the power of giving up just 200-300 calories each day. Maybe one less soda or sweet treat. Set small goals. Start by giving up one item the first week. Give up a second item the next week in addition to the item that you gave up the first week. Aim to lose 1-2 pounds in a month and in just 6 months, you will be down 6-12 pounds. Even better, in a year, those small changes could total nearly 24 pounds or more! Stay inspired! (Posted by Renee Scott)

3 John 1:2
Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Take A Lesson From Ants

I Am Raising America's Most Hated...