Never Alone

Most Saturday's I wake up early and head to the trail for a 6 mile walk with my dear friend. We always seem to cry, pray and laugh together. We pray for each other, our families, and just life in general.


A few Saturday's ago, my heart was heavy and I was overwhelmed by life. We were walking and talking but my mind kept drifting back to my worries. My mind was anxious and I couldn't even focus on what she was saying. Instead of holding it in, I was transparent and shared my concerns and situation. Even though she's walking through her own difficult situations, she immediately started to pray for me. Those few moments of prayer provided encouragement and a renewed strength.




A weight was lifted off my shoulders.


My perspective changed and I moved from anxious thoughts to grateful thoughts.


I realized in a deeper way that:

  • prayer always works
  • prayer in partnership with others is a mighty weapon

The results you're looking for aren't always immediate but prayer always works! There is so much that God protects us from. He not only protects us but He also goes before us to prepare the way. Our natural minds can't even fully conceive how much our faithful prayers touch Heaven.


Praying by yourself is one thing but praying in connection with others is POWERFUL! The prayer I couldn't pray for myself, she could. Even in that moment, God knew what I needed and He provided.


Here's my conclusion, we were NEVER meant to do life alone. We were created to be in relationship with each other. Each day we are bombarded with challenges, tests and trials. Even those with a mature relationship in Christ struggle. As my pastor recently shared in a message, God WILL give us more than we can handle because in our weakness He is our strength.

If you're going through difficult times and you are withdrawing from life, find a small circle of friends or family members that can surround you with prayer and intercede on your behalf. Here are some scriptures of encouragement:

Ephesians 6:10 - Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power.

Philippians 4:6-7 - Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by PRAYER and PETITION, with THANKSGIVING, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

(Posted by Renee)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Take A Lesson From Ants

I Am Raising America's Most Hated...