The Pain that Stayed

Three weeks ago I woke up to the most intense pain in my life.




Piercing. Gut wrenching. Knock you down to your knees pain.




More than the labor pains combined with both of my kids. Pain so vivid I will never forget it. I could go on and on but for the sake of time, I'll move on. Coupled with the pain was the undeniable feeling that I could faint at any moment.




I couldn't walk. I couldn't lay down. The pain continued to pierce.




Typically if I feel pain I take pain meds to make it go away so I can move on with my day. I have a small tolerance for pain so this was way more than I ever wanted to feel. Oh, did I forget to share that this all happened at 6am in the morning and I was scheduled to speak on stage at my church at 11:15 am. The topic was, "Life vs. Chaos". This was true chaos and I needed my Healer to rescue me.




Last day of hospital stay


After rolling on the floor in pain, I woke my husband and we headed to the emergency room because I needed the pain to STOP but instead, it stayed! The ER visit started me down a path of some of the most chaotic moments of my life.




I took a lesson from that day that I won't quickly forget. In those moments, I realized that my pain served a major purpose. It awakened me to the fact that something was terribly wrong and I needed help. Especially since, outside of that pain, there wasn't anything that foreshadowed the turn of events.






I couldn't mask the pain. I couldn't move beyond the pain. It was the pain that "stayed" and thus, saved my life.




That pain forced me to seek medical assistance.




Although we never want to feel hurt or pain, at times, it serves a major purpose. It illuminates the fact that something isn't right physically or even emotionally. I clung to my belief that God was with me and He would see me through the entire situation. Thank God the situation that caught me off guard, didn't catch my Savior by surprise. 


Some of you are experiencing pain right now. It's intense and you keep ignoring it.


DON'T!


Seek the assistance you need knowing that God is right there with you. We're reminded of this fact in I Peter 4:12-19. It shares that in this life, we will have trouble, pain and chaotic  situations but God is right there with us. You are not alone. In your painful moments, here are some verses to comfort and encourage:


I Peter 5:9-10:


9Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. 10And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.


Deuteronomy 31:8


8The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."


Psalms 50:15


15and call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me."


Psalms 6:2


2Have mercy on me, LORD, for I am faint; heal me, LORD, for my bones are in agony.


(Posted by Renee)













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Take A Lesson From Ants

I Am Raising America's Most Hated...