WILL YOU JUST RELAX!

My son's senior year in 2018 was hectic (actually that's an understatement). I remember there were so many details to finalize, parties to plan and then get him prepared to head off to college. It was the year he picked his college (not an easy process) and started flying to pursue his aviation dream. 

My life was moving fast as I juggled work and the mounting details of his senior year. I would be standing in the kitchen and constantly rattle off questions to him.

Did you fill out the FAFSA form?

Did you apply for that scholarship?

Did you study for your test?

Did you hear from the admissions office?

Did you write that essay?

Did you sign up to take the SAT?

My son would look at me and say, "MOM, RELAX!" I look back now and think about how stressed I was ALL the time. I transferred that stress onto him with all my questions. Life was breathless and frazzled for me. I had so many to do list - my list had list. Have you ever felt like that? I didn't know where to start. 

By the end of 2018, I ended up in the hospital. There is a physical and mental toll on us when we do not RELAX and rest in the arms of God. We must surrender our stress to Him. 

God is greater than my worried thoughts.

We must surrender our stress and agendas. I've learned to lean in and listen to how God is speaking. I position myself in the morning to hear His direction. I take a walk outside, turn on inspirational music and pray. Life right now is scary. 😧 

If you focus too closely on all the chaos happening in our world, you will miss hearing God's voice. I've committed since last year to only watch news for 1 hour each day and only in 30 minute increments. The news was becoming a source of anxiety for me. 

Everything comes to distract you. God speaks in a quiet whisper to me. That year I spent way too much time wrapped in stress vs wrapped in resting in His promises. 

Are you feeling burdened today?

Are you exhausted?

Is the weight of bad news too heavy to carry?

Are you emotionally fragile?

As the world is filled with more noise, be intentional on taking time to RELAX. Find moments to sit quietly and breathe. Sometimes you only have five minutes. Five minutes of deep breathing can lower your blood pressure. 

Refocus and breathe. I can still hear my son saying to me, "RELAX". That year had such a profound impact on my life. 

Today, slow down and relax. (Posted by Roslyn)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Take A Lesson From Ants

I Am Raising America's Most Hated...