Detour Blessings



I hate road construction. There I said it. It's everywhere. A recent survey in my area informed that no matter where you are in the local vicinity, you are always within 10 miles of road construction.





Over the past 18 months, the main road in front of our subdivision underwent a road widening project. Even though I despised the highway expansion, I knew and understood that it was necessary.










Tearing apart the old road was part of their initial work. It took months to remove the street that was more than decades old. During the days that passed, intense destruction and hauling away took place. The final months gave way to detours, dump trucks, repairs, and repaving. New dirt, new asphalt and new striping. New sod and street lights make the four mile ride enjoyable once again.







This morning I was able to drive down the road at 55 mph vs. 25 mph in bumper to bumper traffic. I took the time to glance over and take in the magnificence of it all.






Midway through the drive, it hit me.






The road construction project was painstaking, frustrating and annoying but essential to experience the effortless drive that will last for years to come. What seemed like eternity was just a brief moment in time to now reap the harvest of a wonderful, stress-free drive to work.






You maybe experiencing a "highway project" in your life right now. Perhaps you are moving toward a new level of faith in your life that can only come through situations where you can't see your way out. If you can see your way through the challenge, it's not faith. Maybe you are in a moment of detour. Life's journey is moving down a different path than you originally anticipated. Maybe you are being torn apart, hauled away and removed to make way for a new person, attitude and strength you couldn't see possible. Finances, spouses, or even children are being stripped away. Trust me, I know what that feels like.






It is HARD.






I know intimately the pain of being in a season of life where your faith is tested to move you into a deeper place of trust in Christ. I can tell you from first hand experience that it is difficult in my own strength but peaceful in Him. When you submit and yield to the "construction" process, it will provide encouragement. You move to an understanding of it's purpose in your life. Just like with new road construction, the development of your faith is only for a season in time. It will come to an end and give way to a great new "drive" in your life. (Posted by Renee)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Take A Lesson From Ants

I Am Raising America's Most Hated...