Accept Adversity

How did you enjoy losing an hour yesterday?  I appreciate the longer days.  The only down part for me is waking up early.  It is pitch black outside, but as with anything, my body will adjust to this new time.


I've recently started traveling a bit more and find it a challenge to squeeze in my daily workout when I'm on the road.  I learned quickly that I needed to be flexible and adapt a new way to get it done.  My morning exercise routine is valuable and I guard that time on my schedule fiercely.  It is the only time, during most days, that I get time to myself.

I now travel with exercise bands and sneakers in my suitcase.  I used to be opposed to bands because I didn't think they accomplished much.  I've always been a bigger fan of free weights.  I was recently taught that muscles don't care if you use free weights or exercise bands.  

Your body only recognizes and embraces resistance.  

That resistance breaks down the fibers in the muscles and they are restored stronger than before.  That is why you get that sought after "pain or soreness" when you finish a great workout.

It is the same way with our spiritual growth. We must learn how to accept and embrace resistance.  This does NOT come natural to us.  Adversity challenges our comfort levels, breaks us down but restores us to a place where we are stronger than we were before.  Don't always wish or pray away a hard place in your life.  Trials come!  These experiences will grow you up and allow you to mature to an elevated place. (Posted by Roslyn)

Always remember:  God does NOT waste a hurt, there is ALWAYS purpose in your pain.


...Whenever trouble comes your way, let it be an opportunity for joy. For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.  So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be strong in character and ready for anything. James 1:2-4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Take A Lesson From Ants

I Am Raising America's Most Hated...