What Are You Listening To?

I'm healed!  Thanks for your prayers.
After being home for eight weeks, I am happy to share that I returned to work two weeks ago.  For eight weeks I focused on my recovery and total health.  Despite the difficult first few weeks, it was the most glorious party of one.  I can't remember having that length of time to reflect, restore, and refresh my mind, body, and soul.  Sure, you take time off after giving birth but there's a baby to pour your energy into.  This time, it was just me.  In God's perfect plan for my life, he carved out eight weeks for me to grow and focus.  As I prepared to return to work, my sister asked me to share my biggest lesson.  What did I learn from my time of stillness?  I can sum it up in a few short words.....

The ability and power to hear and focus on my thoughts.  Yes!  A thought.  The simple ability to think.  Sound easy?  Unfortunately, it's not.

I'm a blogger, mother, twin sister, runner, career woman, wife and community leader (not in that order).  Just reading the list is exhausting. When I travel at the pace I normally do, I don't have time for my thoughts.  They always come, but I don't always take the time to dwell in them.  I mean, I have awesome thoughts.....call my mom, send a text, encourage the woman you just met, or wash your daughter's hair.  Great intentions, but normally by noon, my goals have shifted.

Well, for once, my hectic schedule didn't hinder well intentions.  I could finally take the time to listen and execute.  I can't articulate how powerful it was to realize the power of my thoughts.  Reading, scrapbooking, writing and gentle exercises.  That's how my days were spent.  I actually had time to send thank you notes (can't say that always happens when life is crazy).

I want to encourage you to listen to your blessed thoughts today.  Take time to hear God's gentle whispers this week.  He's always speaking, the question is, are you listening?  When was the last time you quieted yourself to hear God's voice?(Posted by Renee)

The Lord came and stood there, calling as at other times, "Samuel! Samuel!" Then Samuel said, "Speak, for Your servant is listening." 1 Samuel 3:10

Comments

  1. This is a wonderful reflection. I can so relate. The noise of our busy lives sometimes drown our thoughts. Thanks for this reminder to listen to our thoughts. One of my fav. scriptures Phil; 4:8 "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things." Great post Renee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope,

      Roslyn and I both love that scripture. I have to remind myself daily to stop, relax, and enjoy God's goodness.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We enjoy reading each comment. Stay inspired!

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Drive By Blessing!

Take A Lesson From Ants