My Best Workouts for Weight Loss!

It's time for Friday Favorites and I'm sharing some of my much loved workouts.  Losing or maintaining weight loss can be a challenge, so finding a workout you absolutely enjoy is a must.  I'm not a member of a gym so I use the outdoors quite often to exercise.

  • My love of running tops the list.  It wasn't long ago that I discovered running and I've enjoyed it every since.  It is a sure fire way to burn a ton of calories.  It's the greatest feeling in the world to strap on a excellent pair of running shoes and hit the pavement.  It's an exercise that can be completed whether at home, in the gym, or on the road traveling.  If you are new to running, here's some encouragement to get started.




  • P90X is my go to workout when I'm traveling.  I will also use it at home if it's raining and I'm not able to get outdoors.  The P90X fitness program contain dvd's that target specific body parts (back, legs, arms, and abs) along with sessions that provide full body workouts through yoga, kickboxing, and intense cardiovascular movements.  With a small commitment of only 90 days, you can completely transform your body.  The Cardio X dvd is my favorite.  It's one of the shorter dvd's that provides a combination of kickboxing, yoga, plyometrics, and core synergistics.

  • Squat Thrusts or Burpees are an intense full body workout.  I was introduced to the exercise through my local running group.  If you don't have alot of time, try 3 sets of 10 to quickly get the heartrate going.  Here's a video link that shows you how to complete the exercise correctly.  It's the exercise you love to hate.

If the intensity of running, burpees, and P90X don't excite you, then my last favorite exercise should provide some level of comfort. 

  • Walking.

It's simple and most everyone can cross the finish line to success.  Walking outdoors is always a bonus because God's beauty provides a beautiful backdrop.  Shake it up a little by adding in some jumping jacks, squats, lunges, or push ups.  If you missed my post on how to workout without a gym, here it is.  Let it inspire you.

Now it's your turn, what's your best and favorite workout? (Posted by Renee)

We would love for you to leave a comment below or visit us on Facebook or join the conversation on Twitter.

Comments

  1. This is a great list. I enjoy running also. Currently, it's my favorite although I don't run at the intensity to actually lose weight (which I hope will change). P90X is one intense work out. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope,

      Thanks for your comment. P90X is intense but I know you can do it. So happy that we both enjoy the gift of running. Blessings!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! We enjoy reading each comment. Stay inspired!

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Drive By Blessing!

Take A Lesson From Ants