Twins Throwback Thursday

Isaiah 61:7
Instead of your shame there shall be a double portion; instead of dishonor they shall rejoice in their lot; therefore in their land they shall possess a double portion; they shall have everlasting joy.
 

It's Thursday and officially the last day in our 30's.  We are about to turn the page to another chapter in life.  I will look forward to Renee calling me at 12am, so she can be the very first one to wish me a happy birthday.

Are we really the only ones that get this excited about a birthday?  Normally, we are a little more reserved, but since 40 is the new 20 - we wanted to go out with a bang!


My younger self at 16!


I've always wanted to write letters to my younger self.  If only I knew then what I know now.  If I had to put anything into words to my younger 16 year old self, I would simply say:


FIND YOUR VOICE!









Once you find your voice in society, you have strength and courage to articulate any need or concern.  Renee was always more outspoken than me, so it took a while for me to find my voice and stand up for what I wanted.  Sometimes we can live afraid of speaking because of what others might say.  We look away timid or scream so loud no one wants to hear our voice.  


But when you settle into that "sweet spot" of not taking NO for an answer and tenaciously going after your dreams…well then my friend, you are a force to be reckoned with. (Posted by Roslyn)


Almost 40 and loving it!

Q:  What would you say to your younger 16 year old self?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Drive By Blessing!

Take A Lesson From Ants