Hardest Speech Of My Life

I enjoy being a speaker.  I'm addicted to words and love to share words that inspire and uplift others.  The entire purpose of this blog is to "inspire the whole world" since life can just get crazy.  I rarely have writer's block because words seem to flow seamlessly when I'm in my creative mood.

Recently, I unexpectedly lost a cousin.  Born the same year as me...I remember the phone call that changed everything.  It was early morning and I was on a treadmill exercising.  The words heard on the other end were shocking.

"He's gone".... and just that quickly, life took a sharp turn.

NOTHING prepares you for a day like this!
As the funeral plans started to unfold, I was asked to speak at the funeral to give reflections.  I struggled to deal with my own hurt, loss and anger but to speak seemed TOUGH.  I didn't sleep much that night thinking this is truly one of the hardest speeches of my life.  What do I say, what if I break down, what if my tears outweigh my words...

God got me through it.  You truly can't sum up someone's life in a few short minutes.  You also can't say words that comfort when the pain for family and friends is so new, tragic and painful.

Many of you might have faced deep loss in your own life.  Your world STOPPED but everyone around you kept on going - it made you mad.  Our family is still grieving but there is HOPE - soon there will be a place where there aren't anymore tears or sorrow.  My cousin has finally discovered that sweet place.

"He will remove all of their sorrows, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain." ~Revelation 21:4

I cling to this scripture because it provides a blessed assurance and HOPE for me. For those of you dealing with memories or recent loss, be encouraged that we have HOPE.  A new earth and heaven are coming soon. (Posted by Roslyn)

"Don't be troubled.  You trust God, now trust in me.  There are many rooms in my Father's home, and I am going to prepare a place for you.  If this were not so, I would tell you plainly.  When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am.  And you know where I am going and how to get there."  ~John 14:1-4



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Drive By Blessing!

Take A Lesson From Ants