Are You Sharing?


The other day I headed out of the house to rush off to the grocery store.  Out the corner of my eye, I could see a group of teenagers walking the streets.  When they saw me moving toward my van, they quickly approached me.  To my surprise, they wanted to offer me the gift of salvation.  They were middle and high schoolers from the local church.  Evangelism was probably their topic of discussion for the past few weeks and tonight was their time to practice winning souls for Christ.

 

They were sharing their faith……how about you?


 

Each day we encounter numerous individuals and it’s an opportunity to share our faith.  Be mindful though not to impose/force your belief on others.  Read God’s instruction in Romans 14:22 (MSG):


 

Cultivate your own relationship with God, but don’t impose it on others.

 


Here are some ways to share your faith:

 

  • Invite your neighbors to church.  Make it an “easy” ask by extending an invitation around holidays.
  • Forgive others.
  • Ask your server at a restaurant if you can pray for them before you bow your head to say grace.
  • Forgive others.
  • Serve others in your community.
  • Forgive others.
  • Offer coworkers to pray for them if they are dealing with difficult situations.
  • Share your testimony (story of victory) with other
  • Be mindful of your actions and words in front of others
  • Did I say forgive others?

 

Forgiving others of past mistakes and hurts is a profound way to share your faith.  It’s not always easy but VITAL.  Have you heard this saying? ”Unforgiveness is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die.”  Colossians 3:13 reiterates this point:



Be gentle and ready to forgive; never hold grudges. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.

 



Be intentional in your efforts to share your faith.  It’s easy and life changing! (Posted by Renee)

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Take A Lesson From Ants

I Am Raising America's Most Hated...