Almost Dad Day - Who cares?

In his footsteps!
There is so much love during Mother's day. Everyone knows that most kitchens are closed that day because mom is taking a much needed break.

I remind my kids constantly about the MOMENTOUS occasion called, "Mother's Day". I tell them not to ask me ANY questions that day, especially this question:

Mom - What are we eating for dinner?

I find a way to solve and answer that question most nights. But on Mother's day, I want someone else in the house to figure out what's for dinner.

Now the tables are turned as we march towards Father's day. I wonder at times, does anyone care? The stores are a bit slower. Restaurants and churches aren't as noticeably busy, as we find it on Mom day.

WHY are dads overlooked?

That might appear as a loaded question. Well, I CARE that Father's day is on Sunday. I am pleased to celebrate the many men that are in my life and are respectfully phenomenal fathers. It truly takes a village to raise children (I say that often). I know so many incredibly talented fathers that sacrifice just as much as any mother.

Happy Father's Day Tyjuan!

This Father's day, spoil him. Maybe he is the father of your children, a teacher, mentor, coach or crossing guard. Find out what interest him. Find a great gift or create a new memory. Give him the same appreciation that was given to mom. The road of parenting is not easy. Our world is changing faster than the sun rise and sets. Our children are more exposed to peer pressure than other generations.

Appreciating that awesome father in your life speaks volumes of your priorities. Tomorrow isn't promised, he might not always be with you. While he is still here, shout out LOUD how much he matters. To those grieving their dad like me, you are in my prayers. (Posted by Roslyn)

Fathers, do not be too hard on your children so they will become angry. Teach them in their growing years with Christian teaching. ~Ephesians 6:4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Drive By Blessing!

Take A Lesson From Ants