Purposeful Pause

Happy Friday! The weekend is here and we are already into the month of June. Many kids are graduating whether it is pre-K or college. It's been fun to see and read about all the senior / grad activities.

I've had the pleasure of reading, "Finding The Space To Lead" by Janice Marturano. I quickly learned that many people are going through life fractured. They just push through due to the demand of the day.

She states, "We often simply do not have the space, breathing room, necessary to be clear and focused, and to listen deeply to ourselves and to others."

I have learned how to take purposeful pauses each day. It's as simple as setting aside 5 - 10 minutes daily just to breath and focus your attention. I know this seems easy, but it really isn't. My mind runs away with thoughts of what to cook for dinner or what I need to cross of my "to-do" list.

HOW CRAZY?

I can't find 5-10 minutes a day just to breath. Well, if I don't, think of the long term impact on my health putting so many needs ahead of my own. I now stop and pause each day. Somedays, I realize that I'm tired and I take a 10 minute nap (yes, I set an alarm).

Well the FUN thing today, during my purposeful pause, I realized that I wanted ice cream. I've been on a weight loss journey for over a year. What used to be a nightly habit is now just an occasional reward.


Afternoon Treat!


What will your Purposeful Pause tell you to do?

#happyalmostsummer (Posted by Roslyn)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Take A Lesson From Ants

I Am Raising America's Most Hated...