I was taken DOWN...

It all happened so quickly, one moment I was upright and presenting on a conference call for work. Then I started to feel a tickle in my throat. Within the next 3 quick hours I was achy, cold and feeling run over by a mac truck.

Could it be - The FLU!! I've had the flu before, 13 years ago when I was pregnant with my youngest son (Joshua). I knew the feeling and quickly started medication to hopefully "offset a bad cold". I was celebrating my son's birthday that evening and didn't want plans to change on account of me being sick.

WHO HAS TIME TO BE SICK?

I repeat, WHO HAS TIME TO BE SICK?

Sickness normally comes out of nowhere. It overtakes your body, emotions and feelings to bring you DOWN. I'm not talking about the easy stuff like a minor cold or slight upset stomach. I'm talking about the type of sickness that brings you flat on your back. How can you be cold and sweating all in the same hour?

The doctor confirmed I did NOT have influenza, which will kick you LONGER and HARDER than any other respiratory virus. He did confirm that I had a nasty flu like virus. To my surprise, in less than 24 hours my son started vomiting and I knew I had infected my entire house...UGH!

This is not the way I wanted to start my Summer. This post is to send a warning to all of you:

  • Do NOT stop washing your hands  
  • Be aware of those around you that are sick
  • Keep your body strong with exercise and healthy Summer eating
  • If sick, completely UNPLUG so all your mental and physical energy is dedicated to your healing time 
The stronger you are going into an illness, the stronger and shorter your recovery time. Being sedentary opens you up to a weakened immune system. GET moving so that you stay as physically strong as possible. If you don't rest your body will eventually shut down. Our bodies need rest, complete rest. Because again I repeat, WHO has TIME to be SICK?

A huge thank you to my hubby Tyjuan, that took complete control to help me focus on recovery. I'm not out of the woods yet BUT I am 24 hours without a fever. Praise Jesus for small steps forward. (Posted by Roslyn)

Be Well!
NO one has time to be sick!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Take A Lesson From Ants

I Am Raising America's Most Hated...