Apply Pressure

My kids:  Running joyfully and loudly through my house
Me: "Stop running or someone is going to get hurt."
My kids: They stop for a second, look at each other and start running again
Me:  "Didn't I say to stop running in the house." (louder tone)
My kids: "Okay mom, you don't have to yell."
Me:  "If you would just listen I wouldn't yell."
My kids:  Within ten minutes they were running again, but this time my youngest son hits the corner of the wall.  He is holding his hand to his head and all I see is blood.

Have you ever had this scenario play out in your house?  My first reaction, after screaming at my kids, "I told you to stop running!"  I gazed at the wound and applied pressure.  The blood soon stopped after applying pressure and an ice pack.  Thankfully, there was no harm to my son except for a big bump on his head.

Life can get crazy in the blink of an eye.  What should you do?  Apply pressure!  

Press into hear what God is saying in that moment.  Listen for him to whisper, "This is the way; turn around and walk here." (Isaiah 30:21 NLT)

The weekend is almost here. Most of us have many plans and activities.  Steal some time away to press into God.  When you apply pressure to that "bleeding" situation it might cease to exist or you could respond to it in a different way.  Don't fear if you have a few bumps and bruises along the way.  Because through these experiences you will learn valuable lessons, just like my boys.

"...but I focus on this one thing, forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead.  I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God is calling us." Philippians 4:14 (NLT) Posted by Roslyn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Take A Lesson From Ants

I Am Raising America's Most Hated...