Filtered Wisdom

How can I pay this bill when my checking account is overdrawn?  How long should I stay in this broken marriage?  When will the baby sleep through the night?  When should I leave home and live on my own?  What age should I retire?  Should I take the risk and start this new business?  What will be the effect of my father Alzheimer's?  How many children should we have?  What classes do I register for Fall season? When will this child get completely potty trained?

Life is full of questions.  We ask them often.  We live in a world where we need to find answers.  Time seems to evaporate more quickly with each passing year.  How do we get answers?  Even after we make a decision we wonder if we made the right choice.

Be careful when you choose to ask other people for advice.  Realize that their advice is only filtered wisdom.  They will give you answers based on their own life experiences, hurt, pain, loss and triumphs.

Wisdom-the quality of having experience, knowledge and good judgement

Their was a famous and wise king named Solomon.  He beautifully wrote the book of Proverbs.  It offers great wisdom and instruction.  "It will make even the simpleminded clever" (Proverbs 1:4).  Solomon was first asked by God, "What do you want?"  

I am sure I would have responded with a new truck and more time in my day.  He simply asked to be more wise.  Solomon was young when he became king and knew their was a heavy responsibility on his life.  But God gladly gave Solomon wisdom because he didn't ask for riches or long life (I Kings 3:11-12).

I truly believe if you are in financial strain, it is not about having more money.  It is all about having more wisdom in managing what you already have.  Imagine that I gave someone one million dollars. If they lack wisdom on how to spend and invest it, they will still "blow through" the money even though they were given more.

There might be circumstances in our life that seem overwhelming.  Solomon was young and had to govern an entire nation (no easy task).  

What is the difficult question in your own life today

Seek your answer only from God.  I promise He will answer.  It might not look the way you hoped but He has a response tailor made just for you.  Quiet the distractions, stop seeking other people's filtered wisdom and you will move from being simpleminded to clever just like Solomon. (Posted by Roslyn)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Take A Lesson From Ants

I Am Raising America's Most Hated...