The Pain I Asked For

When I asked God to be closer to Him, I never imagined the journey to get there.  When I surrendered my will to His will, I may not have done it, if I knew the path I would have to take.  How many of us have felt this way?  We want to be closer to God, we've even asked for Him to draw us close, but little did we know, it would be a painful process that we asked for.

This question reminds me of our attempts to conceive our first child.  We were ready to have babies but it wasn't happening.  The desire to be a mom is often an innate desire that is hard to shake loose.  Men might not get it, but women who've felt that way truly understand.  It can become all that you think about.  Your mind will circle every action back to your thirsty desire to give birth.  While waiting for the gift of life, I pleaded with God for a child.  In my mind, getting pregnant should have been a quick process.  We were married.  God was at the forefront of our marriage, we were entitled to this privilege.

Boy was I wrong!

Month after month, no baby.  I didn't share with my husband my disappointment because I knew he couldn't relate to my need so why place that worry on him?  I may never understand the delay in conception but ten years ago, we were blessed with a baby girl.

When I pleaded with God for a child, I didn't have full knowledge of the pain associated with the birthing process.  Not only labor pains but morning sickness, tiredness, and a hospital stay during the pregnancy would be a part of the journey.  When I asked God for a child, subconsciously, I was asking for the pain

Intense contractions.  Needles and iv's would be a part of the trek to motherhood.

Your current situation is quite possibly not punishment from God, but purely the route to destiny.  If you've asked for a deeper relationship with Christ or to know Him in another way, I can almost guarantee you, the path will take you through a wilderness experience.  Hosea 2:14-15 shares the following:

 "And now, here's what I'm going to do:
   I'm going to start all over again.
I'm taking her back out into the wilderness
   where we had our first date, and I'll court her.
I'll give her bouquets of roses.
   I'll turn Heartbreak Valley into Acres of Hope.
She'll respond like she did as a young girl,
   those days when she was fresh out of Egypt.

Could the pain that you are in be just what you asked for?  (Posted by Renee)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Take A Lesson From Ants

I Am Raising America's Most Hated...