|Getting ready for 4 mile hike with park ranger|
Roslyn and I love so many things! Our morning prayer time with each other, exercising and eating are just some of our favorite things. We're always looking for great ways to challenge our bodies and great healthy foods to prepare for our families.
Snacking is a part of our 5-6 small meals daily routine. We thought Fitness Friday would be a great time to share some of our favorite snacks. We don't always make the best choices but we strive hard.
Our 7 favorite snacks:
- We don't go to the store without buying some type of fruit. Apples & grapes are some of our favorite picks. They are especially great this time of year. Shake it up a little by serving apple slices with peanut butter. It's a yummy snack that even my kids enjoy.
- Granola bars
- It's such a great snack before or after a workout. Cascadian Farms is usually our bar of choice. It's organic and reasonably priced.
- Frozen yogurt
- I love frozen yogurt and with all the new yogurt shops popping up throughout the city, it's easy to indulge on a regular basis. Make sure to eat a quality frozen yogurt that contains live and active cultures. You also want to watch the toppings. Try adding nuts and fresh fruits instead of candies and chocolates.
- Greek yogurt
- This is Roslyn's love. I am honestly not a fan of Greek yogurt. She enjoys topping the yogurt with raw almonds and organic granola.
- They stay in both of our homes. Raw & natural almonds are best because they aren't full of sodium like some of the other choices.
- It's a whole grain cracker that is a great substitute for chips. They are also great topped with chicken or tuna salad. Dunk them into a bowl of soup for an extra special treat.
- Most people don't realize that popcorn is full of fiber. Sticking with the air popped popcorn is best. Although it's tempting, be cautious when adding butter and salt. (Posted by Renee)
What's your favorite snack? We would love to hear about it. Visit us on Facebook or join the conversation on Twitter.