Prune Like Passion

Does this look like your passion?
I'm not a huge fan of prunes, in fact, I feel most people only consume them if they have constipation or belly issues that they are trying to remedy.  This isn't a pretty thought and neither is passion that has "dried" up.

Yesterday, I received a text from a dear friend that asked, "What happened with you & your sister writing a book?"  The question was so simple but also challenging.  I sat on my couch (watching college football) coming up with so many excuses in my head.  I said to myself, "Doesn't she know that I'm a travel baseball mom, wife, runner, blogger, manager, leader at church, etc".  In that moment, I realized I had stopped pursuing the dream (within myself) of becoming an author.  It all came down to this - my passion dried up just like prunes.

Now, to be clear...I still absolutely love writing. I am addicted to words and hang on to them because words hold the power to create change. The ability to express my thoughts through this blog and reach readers across the globe is still very humbling to me. BUT...the blog was designed to be a catalyst for Renee and I to co-author a non-fiction book.

What happens in our pursuit of a dream is, during the "process" of that dream becoming a reality, our passion and initial zeal somewhat goes by the wayside.  Some of us don't even use our energy to create or imagine a dream.  We become comfortable.  Chasing a dream is very uncomfortable.  It's a journey filled with ups, downs, success, failure and rejection.  The bright light that once set your heart on fire, now has dimmed.  We allow fast paced lives, busy schedules and distractions to derail or delay our plans. I'm a woman that doesn't procrastinate but I surely will put a project on the back burner if there is no concrete deadline to meet.

Any goal or dream that you set requires sacrifice and hard work.  For instance, if you set out on a path to lose weight, you will sacrifice eating foods that your body craves so you can achieve your goal.  Individuals that are disciplined, usually take that focus into every area of their life.  Here's my question to you:

Are you green and growing OR ripe and rotting?

We can never stop advancing and flourishing .  We must reinvent ourselves if we've become stagnate.  Even as adults, we possess the ability to learn.  As a leader, I avidly read leadership books to accelerate the passion I have to inspire and influence others.  

My dear friend, YOU are a leader and you have influence - influence with coworkers, influence on a sports field, influence over your spouse and family.  Those people are counting on you to be at the top of your game.

What happens when your passion turns to prunes?  You STOP growing!

Don't use any excuse to see your dreams materialize.  They will come true if you keep believing in them.  Crawl, walk, run at your pace to achieve your goal - sometimes it takes weeks and sometimes it can take years.  The world is waiting...NO more prune like passion. (Posted by Roslyn)


What happens to a dream deferred?  Does it dry up like a raisin in the sun. ~Langston Hughes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Take A Lesson From Ants

I Am Raising America's Most Hated...