My Top 3 Weight Loss Tips

If you're like me, you are tired of hearing about weight loss.  It's everywhere these days.  Workout clothes are on sale in retail stores, weight loss plans have commercials on every station, and it's the topic of several magazine covers.  Most everyone desires to lose a few pounds here or there, especially after the holidays, so why not capitalize on the desire of so many Americans.

I love food. 

The thought of having to give it up in any shape or form is not an easy thought for me.  I don't just eat food, I experience it.  I'm a slow eater because I love to savor every morsel.  Just like most, I want to lose some weight.  Instead of starting a diet, I decided to make a few changes.

Here are 3 simple lifestyle changes:

1.  Drink a cup of warm lemon water every morning


This tip came from my sister's nail technician.  She starts every morning with a cup of warm lemon water.  I decided to research the benefits and was surprised by the numerous health benefits. ( Here's a blog that shares in detail the benefits of lemon water).  You're going to love these!
  • Aids in digestion
  • Reduces inflammation
  • Freshens breath
  • Cleanses your system (liver & colon)
  • Aids in weight loss
  • Boosts immune system

It's recommended that if you are 150 lbs or less, squeeze 1/2 lemon into an 8 ounce cup of water.  If you are over 150 lbs, use a whole lemon.  Since lemons are highly acidic, it can weaken the enamel on your teeth.  Brush your teeth before drinking the lemon water or 30-45 minutes after.


2.   Drink a gallon of water everyday

I heard Gabrielle Union say this was her beauty secret on Good Morning America this week.  She says it's done wonders for her hair and skin.  I've been trying to chug down the 128 ounces that's in a gallon.  I normally get to about 100 ounces and then I feel like I'm floating.  I will keep trying though because drinking water is such a large part of a healthy lifestyle.  Alot of times we feel that dieting is the way to go, but if you want to be healthy, lots of water is the solution.

3.  Eat one meatless meal each day

Toxins can enter the body through the foods we eat, especially meats.  Why not give it up once a day?  Instead of eggs and bacon, eat Greek yogurt and granola.  Instead of a sub for lunch, eat a salad full of fruit and veggies.  Crusty bread and homemade vegetable soups are always a winner for dinner.

Doesn't it sound easy?  Hopefully my small changes will inspire your own changes.  If it does, let us know your lifestyle tips by leaving a comment below. (Posted by Renee)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Take A Lesson From Ants

I Am Raising America's Most Hated...