What I've Learned After Being 40 for 6 months!



Turning forty was amazing.  We blogged about our excitement last year.  No worries if you missed the post, here it is.  There's something so powerful about entering a new season in your life.  The exhilaration of new beginnings and the closing of a chapter sprouts forth hope and expectations for the best being yet to come.

I've learned quite a bit after being forty for only about six months.  Prepare yourself for the good, the bad, and the ugly.

  1. My eyes don't see everything they did before.
  2. My metabolism slowed down.
  3. I stay hungry. (Not sure if that's changed much from being 39 years old)
  4. Other people's opinion no longer matter as much.
  5. I love dancing like nobody's watching.
  6. My body aches more with less activity.
  7. I have to color my hair more often to cover the new gray hairs.
  8. I've found my purpose!
  9. Authenticity is a must.
  10. Running is a great workout and a wonderful therapy session.
  11. Sleeping with a fan next to my bed helps with the night sweats.
  12. Losing weight is a little more challenging.
  13. Nothing is impossible!
I'm enjoying this time in my life!  Who knew getting older could be so wonderful?  I feel sorry for those who dread their birthdays.  What's not to celebrate?  Sure, I haven't accomplished everything I want but I'm still focused on my goals, still active and still loving me for me. 

Take it from the woman who's lived four decades, life is full of swift transitions.  Treasure every moment.  Like a great friend told me, all you have is right now.  Enjoy your family, be slow to anger, reconcile quickly, kiss your spouse often and dance like nobody's watching.  I dare you! (Posted by Renee)

A Time for Everything (Ecclesiates 3:1-8)

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Drive By Blessing!

Take A Lesson From Ants