I've Been Naughty!!

2015 Christmas Photo
Mt. Dora, FL
Photo Credits: Delana Brooks


It's been quite some time since I posted.  I looked back and realized that I last posted in November.  I'm so thankful that our blog is a joint effort and my sister held it down for the past few months.  My world is a little chaotic with two kids in sports, finishing up studies for a industry designation all while being a mom, wife, chef, church & community volunteer.  Whew!  I'm tired just thinking of it.

This was supposed to be a post at Christmas but I never found the time to post it.  I still feel inclined to share it so here we go.....

During the holidays, my 7 year old son asked, "Mom, have I been naughty?"  My initial thought was, "of course you have" but I didn't want to crush him.  I figured he was asking because it was the holidays and a common question is, "have you been naughty or nice?"  In the American tradition, Santa Clause knows if you've been naughty or nice.  It would be easy to assume that if you've been naughty, he's not coming to your house for a visit. 

Well that stinks!  I've been naughty.  Heck, we all have.  So now what?

(Yes, All have sinned; all fall short of God's glorious ideal-Romans 3:23 TLB)

That's the problem with conditional love, it's only available when you meet certain terms.  Thank God for Jesus!  His love is unconditional, unfailing, and forever.  It doesn't matter how much you mess up, he still loves you.  He is full of grace!  His love is not dependent on whether or not you read the Bible, attend church or treat your neighbor kind.  All of that is fantastic but his love is deeper than acts of service.  In Psalms 86:5, it shares about this special love.

O Lord, you are so good and kind, so ready to forgive, so full of mercy for ALL who ask your aid.
 
 
In this new year, Roslyn and I pray you come into true relationship with Christ.  He's longing to have you receive His LOVE! (Posted by Renee)
 
 
Romans 6:23
 
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Take A Lesson From Ants

I Am Raising America's Most Hated...