My Worst Week

Last week was horrible.  It really tested every emotional fiber within me.  I am sure you know exactly what I mean.  Of course there was plenty to celebrate - life, health, family, safe travel, etc.  But event after event kept happening and I found myself on Saturday emotionally drained.  The faith tank inside of me seemed close to depleted.

My honest feelings are just to encourage you.  One of the life lessons from last week was - what we focus on grows in our minds.  If an uncomfortable event happens in your life, find a place in your mind to focus on thoughts of peace, stability and God's grace.  Our mind can take us to places unknown, even in the midst of a crisis.

Mama Duck & her ducklings

At some point last week I saw a duck and it's ducklings.  The mama duck waddled around while her babies stayed close by her.  Because I felt so stressed that day I thought about what it would be like NOT to worry.  These ducks had no care in the world.  They didn't even wonder where their next meal would come from.  They waddled with the freedom of knowing, they are cared for.

I decided that day to walk in that same freedom.  As a child of God, peace and confidence is one of the spiritual blessings He gives His children.  If we don't walk in it, it is not because of Him but our own intentional effort to worry.

Remember - what you focus on grows in your mind.  After taking deep breaths my load seemed a little lighter if only for that moment.

Normally, I HATE these ducks that have taken over the baseball field.  But this time I learned a great lesson.  Worry does not solve any problems.  In fact, 80% of what we worry about NEVER even happens.

Make a choice this week, no matter what the situation, not to worry.  Trust and believe that your Father is handling it all for you, just like the mama duck at the baseball field.

"So I tell you, don't worry about everyday life - whether you have enough food, drink and clothes…Look at the birds.  They don't need to plant or harvest or put food in barns because your heavenly Father feeds them.  And you are far more valuable to him than they are.  So don't worry about tomorrow,  for tomorrow will bring it's own worries."  Matthew 6:25-26, 34

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Take A Lesson From Ants

I Am Raising America's Most Hated...