She did it!


Our view this weekend!


During the spring our evenings are filled with track and t-ball.  Each weekend Alton and I head different ways.  Normally I'm on the track and he's on the t-ball field.  If Hannah has a track meet, Alton quickly leaves the t-ball field and heads to her meet.  I'm so blessed to have a husband who desires to play a big part in our children's lives.  I wasn't sure if he would make it this weekend because unfortunately he hurt his back and traveling two hours would prove painful.

Up until the last minute, we didn't know if he would make it.  Hannah didn't vocalize any disappointment in not having her dad there but I know she enjoys having him there.  Much to our surprise, he drove the distance to see her.  Unfortunately he missed her first event but arrived minutes before her 800 meter dash.  We are so thankful for his sacrifice.

Tyson Gay-Olympic athlete visited the track meet


By the time her second event comes up, she's hot, tired and ready to go home.  I had to wake her up (she normally naps between events) to check her in for the race.  She was not happy and pouted during the entire process.  At this point, she could care less about the goals she set or her race technique.  She wanted to get the race over so she could feel a cool breeze on her face coming from the ac in the car versus a warm breeze from an occasional gust of wind.

As always, I prayed over her and set her on her way.  I wanted her to find her happy place and go into the event with a positive attitude because with any sport, positive thinking is half the battle to any win.


3rd place medal


I'm so happy to share that not only did she run her personal best, she medaled in the 800 meter dash!  Her hard work and dedication paid off and God answered her prayers.  A goal that she set for herself  to accomplish by the end of the season was met after only one track meet.

I wanted to share this time in our lives because it was only accomplished because of a sacrifice Hannah was willing to make.  When you sacrifice, it means that you give up something, usually for the sake of a better cause.  Each week, she's willing to give up her time and body to run hard and meet her goals.

As we head into Holy week, let's be mindful of the sacrifice that Jesus made for us.  He willingly surrendered it all for each and every one of us. Hold fast to the truth of His passion for you!  (Posted by Renee)

Philippians 3:8(NLT)

 
Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Take A Lesson From Ants

I Am Raising America's Most Hated...