What's Your Number?


Normally on Sunday evenings, you will find my daughter and I getting her hair ready for school on Monday. This past week she asked me "mommy, I wonder how many hairs are on my head"?

What a question! Even though I carried my daughter in my womb for nine months, gave birth to her after 15 hours of labor and nursed her for 12 months, I didn't know the number.

Her Bratz doll was close by so we started trying to count her hair strand by strand. I think we stopped after five strands of hair. We quickly found out that it would be exhausting to try and count each piece of hair. I then turned her question into a teachable moment.

The word of God shares with us that we were knitted together in our mother's womb and the number of hairs on our head are all numbered and known by Him. He knows when we sit and when we rise. He can even perceive our thoughts from a distance. Before a word is on our tongue, He knows it completely. In those moments when we feel that he must not care about us or our situation, the 139th Psalm assures us that He does know and He cares.

I shared with my daughter that even though we may not know the number of hairs on her head, God knows.

Hold fast to the truth that you are fearfully and wonderfully made! He knows your pain, sees your tears and will come when you call.

Thank God he knows your number!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Top 5 Tips To Stay Fit Without a Gym!

Take A Lesson From Ants

I Am Raising America's Most Hated...